Mentors are champions who help entrepreneurs:
Gain clarity in purpose and direction
Prioritize action steps
Brainstorm options and opportunities
Make connections to resources
What does it take to be a mentor?
• Demonstrated leadership and patience
• A passion for sharing expertise and lessons learned
• Good problem-solver/critical thinker
• At least 5 years of professional experience
• Computer proficiency; comfort with using online communication tools
• Able to commit a minimum of 2 hours/month for at least 6 months
Not ready to be a one-on-one mentor? Sign up as a Subject Matter Advisor or a Discussion Forum Subject Matter Expert to answer specific questions within your area(s) of expertise. Answer as many questions as you choose.
Apply to Join the IFEL Volunteer Community
Send us your interest form. (Use the link below.)
We'll schedule a call with you to discuss your interests and volunteer options.
Get started helping your entrepreneur(s)! Don't worry...we'll train you and provide tools for you to have a meaningful and productive experience.
“By helping more entrepreneurs and small business owners succeed, we help grow profitable businesses that together build thriving communities. Knowing that you play a role in that, is enormously gratifying. ”
Jill Johnson, CEO
Institute for Entrepreneurial Leadership